New Pattern: Hello, Sunshine!
My design process goes something like:
- think up a new design
- fall in love with it, dream about it, get super excited to start
- plan it out, do the maths, write the pattern
- start making it
- realise I have made some epic error some where and the have to rip back
- message Joanne telling her that I am quitting designing
- yell at Kevin whenever he mentions it looks nice and/or that I am making progress. Tell him he knows nothing and that I am the worst designer EVER.
- Finish the design roughly 30seconds before its due
- Realise that I actually do love the design and that maybe I am not the worst designer in the world.
Funnily enough, I never hit 6 and 7 with this sweet little cropped cardigan. Though quite different than what I would normally design, the puff sleeves and deeply ribbed waistband flew off the hook with little accompanying sturm und drang.
About the Design
This retro-inspired top has all the elements you need to make a statement. The lace panels are echoed at the collar, cuffs and the waist, which is gathered to create an elegant shape.
Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK (75% Merino,20% Silk, 5% Cashmere 50g/116m)
9 (10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12, 13) balls of Duckie (0383)
A 4mm (US G/6) crochet hook
A 3.75 (US F/5) crochet hook
8 Safety Pins
2 Stitch Markers
28 (28, 29, 29, 30, 30, 30, 31) buttons 1cm/0.5in diameter.
To fit bust/chest: 81(8691, 95, 100, 104, 112, 116)cm /32 (34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46)in
Actual Bust (a): 86 (91, 95, 100, 104, 112, 116, 122)cm / 34 (36, 37.5, 39.5, 41, 44, 45.5, 48)in
Finished Length (b): 63 (64, 65.5, 66, 66.5, 66.5, 66.5, 67.5)cm/24.75 (25.25, 25.75, 26, 26.25, 26.25, 26.25, 26.5)in
Note on Fit: This cardigan is designed with 5cm/2in positive ease
Back and fronts of cardigan are worked seamlessly down from beg chain at shoulders then joined under the arms and worked in rows back and forth to the hemline. Neck edging is worked separately and sewn on.