Five things I am reading/doing/thinking about today:
- Wondering what delicacy I can transform a giant savoy cabbage into. We've gone through the staples (coleslaw, cabbage soup, etc), but we need something new. Exciting. Vegetarian.
- Relearning how to crochet after actually reading the instruction section of my crochet book. The author actually writes that the way I do it is "wrong". I can confirm that bad habits DO die hard, but at least I can now do a decent shell stitch.
- Beginning to gather things for small boy's birthday. So far, a stamp has been ordered from the lovely Kristel at vlijtig design...other than that, I have no idea.
- Making pot holders. I've burnt myself for the last time! (Ok, pot holders may not make a difference to whether or not I have burn marks up my arms, because I AM that clutsy, but it should at least limit the frequency). By the end of today, we will have at least one! Do I go flat or glove? Crochet or fabric? Life is full of important decisions.
- Trudging up to the post office to pay a killer customs charge on some etsy fabric and post a number of things that were suppose to go out before quarantine set in. Its going to be an expensive trip!!!
- Thinking chickens. Apparently we have the space. We have the slugs (though if they eat them all, I may have to change the name on the blog). I have dreamt of keeping chickens for years. Do we? Don't we? Thoughts?
Ok, that was 7 things, but Friday Seven, isn't as catchy.