Everyday Sourdough: Klondike Pancakes
150g sourdough starter
2 eggs separated
1tbsp of sugar
**Notes on scaling the recipe up or down**
Use 150g of starter/flour/water mix per egg and 1 egg per person. I usually need to make quite a large batch, but only have about 150g of starter excess. You don’t need to have all the starter made up – if I remember, I bulk up the starter and flour and water the night before. Otherwise, I mix up what I need in the morning and leave it for awhile, then make up the rest of the pancakes.
1. Mix the starter, flour and water.
2. Add the egg yolks, sugar, salt and bicarb. Mix well.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
5. Cook immediately in a lightly greased frying pan until brown on each side.