Learn to bake rustic loaves of sourdough bread in your own kitchen.
Over the course of the day, you will:
- Learn how to take care of a sourdough starter
- Learn tips for fitting sourdough bread baking into your schedule (its a lot easier than it sounds)
- Learn techniques for shaping, scoring and baking your bread
- Learn some great recipes for using sourdough starter in recipes like naan, pancakes and pie dough
- Make a seasonal preserve or spread to go with your bread
Every workshop participant will leave with a sourdough starter, recipes, a banneton, 1kg of our favourite flour and a very full stomach.
Travelling from far? Gartur Farm is located on the historic Cardross Estate with a range of self-catering and bed and breakfast accommodation. Contact Nicola on 01877 385223 or email@example.com for more information. Lochend Chalets and The Lake of Menteith Hotel are also nearby.
We also offer an Air BnB in the house itself, which can be booked here.
Located just off the A811 near Arnprior, we are just 14 miles from Stirling and Milngavie.
Public Transport: Collection can be arranged from Stirling Rail Station.