- Rico Essentials Cotton DK: I don't know how I missed this yarn for so long, having always gone for the Creative Cotton Aran, but I have to say, I am impressed with this 100% cotton. Its a wee bit on the thin side of dk, but has a lovely sheen and doesn't split nearly as bad as its Aran label-mate. Plus, I am really loving the blues at the minute.
- The first toy I have ever designed: Only because I couldn't say no to the client did this baby end up on my to-do list. I am not a fan of toy making and in future, will definitely leave it to those better suited.
- Pink Campion (I think that's what they are - UK flowers are still a bit of a mystery): Georgia brought me these this morning because apparently I've "been a very good mama".
- Rhubarb Crisp/Crumble with Salted Caramel Ice Cream: Yes, this was my breakfast. No, I am not ashamed. Yes, I am on a massive sugar high. Watch me power through the work today (until I crash). This is from my neighbour whose rhubarb is the biggest I have ever seen. We made a huge pan with just one stalk. My sister is sending me her Grandma Too Too's rhubarb pie recipe for the other one. Yum!
- T shirt yarn: I have 3 projects currently on the go in this, but none of the right circular needles, so I have been battling with straight knitting needles until new tips arrive
- My yellow tape measure: rescued from the barn when Kevin was using to to measure wood. This is almost as alarming as people using my work scissors to cut paper.
- A vintage compact: found at the car boot sale. Georgia brought it to me this morning (with the flowers) because I am also the "Fairest in the Land". When I asked her what it meant, she said it means that when I give ice cream, I give her and her brothers the same amount.
- My favourite hooks, on top of a coffee stain: Yeah, that pretty much sums up most of my life.
Yeah, I totally styled these photos, but with stuff that was actually laying on my desk. Out of shot: 2 lego General Greviousii (I'm not sure on the plural of Grevious), 8 more cones of T shirt yarn that have to be turned into a rug by next week, a stack of tax forms, my son's water bottle that he forgot again and £1.24 in mostly pennies)