I am thrilled/giddy/excited/nervous to announce that I am hiring! Come hang with me in the studio for 13 weeks, drink tea, listen to Pearl and the Beard* and be part of the development of Kat Goldin Designs!
Textile Studio Assistant
- Assist in for the development, layout, photography and design of upcoming issues of The Yarn Project magazines.
- Develop and manage the existing virtual shop fronts of Not on the High Street, Etsy, and Big Cartel.
- Assist with kit development and production for all kit sales, including liaising with wholesalers, suppliers and customers.
- Support the development of new course materials using a variety of platforms, including email auto-responders. blogs and videos as well as in-person workshops including the Glasgow Country Living Christmas Fair.
- Market products and courses through the web and social media, as well as traditional media channels.
- Assist with the development of a wholesale catalogue
- Assist with online and in-person workshop development and implementation
- Working knowledge of digital publishing platforms (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred)
- Good communication, teamworking, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Knowledge of and interest in craft and social media
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines and to manage multiple projects at once
- Flexibility to adapt to the quick changing environment of a small creative business
- Basic web skills, including knowledge of Squarespace and Wordpress
- Administrative skills and working with budgets and costing
- Knowledge of crochet
- Ability to travel for photoshoots and meetings around the UK
You will have the opportunity to work at the leading edge of contemporary craft in Scotland. You will get first hand experience of working in a business that moves beyond traditional routes of income generation to create a thriving and diverse business.
The post will be based in Alloa. We are a 10 minute walk from the train line and about 5 minutes walk from the main bus routes. There is scope for an extension to the post beyond 13 weeks. More information is available here (search under "Clackmannanshire" or "Craft").
This position is part of the Creative Internships programme. Applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria (such as being 18-30 years old, hold an equivalent to an HND, first degree, SVQ Level 4 or above in an arts or creative industries field and have an active claim for out-of-work benefits). Application can only be made via your local Jobcentre Plus personal advisor.
If you would like more information, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*liking Pearl and the Beard is not a requirement of the post.